Saturday, January 19, 2013

Chez Buce and the Krabappel Syndrome

Mrs., Buce absolutely refuses to listen to the slightest shred about the Manti Te'o Fake Girlfriend story--(for reasons that Armin Rosen explains in The Atlantic, you might almost call it the Krabappel syndrom).  If necessary to avoid it, I suspectMrs. B would stick her fingers in her ears and shout la-la-la-la-la.

I  think I know why.  Thing is, we met in the want ads--not on Facebook, silly, this was long before Facebook (come to think of it, before Mark Zuckerberg was born).  But we corresponded for about six months before we ever laid eyes on each other.  We still have the letters somewhere, I think.

And so all these years she has been reflecting--just think, I get with this guy, whereas with the least bit of luck I could wound up with somebody wholly fictitious. 

Afterthought:  I wonder how many people think his name is "Manti Te'o Fake."

No comments: